Error opening the test results

Dec 3, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Hi,
I am facing a problem viewing the test results.
After the build completion and expanding the Results Details, I click on the link to view the test results.
A "Browse For Folder"dialog box appears. I select some location (say Desktop) and click OK.
Now in some cases, the results show up in the Test Results window(in which case I have a folder and a trx file downloaded at the selected location)
and in some cases I get an error msg
"Downloading the selected test run failed. Input file not found: \\tfsrtm08\Drops Framework\NUnit Integrated build\NUnit Integrated build_20081203.2\TestResults\07d80c03-0217-1400-91c4-30db1d215203.trx."
This file does exist at the specified location.

Can someone please shed some light why this happens and how I can resolve it.

Is it because the build server and drop location is on a different domain than the machine I am trying to view results from.
If so how can I resolve this?

I am using TFS and VSTS 2008 
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I'd say either you don't have permissions to the folder (often happens if you're crossing domain boundaries) or the build is being cleaned up before you look at the results.  This is pretty typical if you have a very short retention policy on your build definition.

Since you're crossing the domain boundary, just make sure you navigate to the drops share via Windows Explorer before opening visual studio.  That will ensure windows has the correct network permissions before trying to open the test results (as VS doesn't prompt you if you need to supply a username/passsword).