NCover for Team Build?

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Are there any plans to extend this great functionality to getting NCover results into TFS as well?

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 3:00 AM

It's being worked on, but it's fairly complex so please be patient :-)

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Awesome!

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I've managed to mangle the NCover results into MSCoverage's XML format. However it turns out that that isn't the format you need to upload to TFS; you need the original binary format. So it might take a little while... I am still opimisitic though, even if I have to write something to run MSCoverage instead...

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Any news about NCover support?

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM

I haven't done anything more on it and probably won't for a while to be honest; I'm currently spending my time on other projects.

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Technically there are some major challenges that make it all-but-impossible to get working in TFS2008. I'm hoping to get it working for 2010 but it may take some time since time is something I currently lack :-(

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM

In the end I wimped out, and converted my tests to use MSTest. So far I haven't really had any problems with it, and at least I get my code coverage reports now integrated into the builds. I'm rewriting my tests to use extension methods to do the assertions, so should the need to change back to NUnit or other arise, then I just need to port the extension methods, rather than the tests themselves.