Unable to run tests on build machine

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Hi,
I receive following error :
System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

The above error is thrown on the build server when i run the command:

NUnitTfs.exe  -n "C:\Documents and Settings\devendra_phadnis\Local Settings\Temp\SIS_Test2\ISPrototype Build Definition\Binaries\Release\nunit_results.xml" -t "SIS_Test2" -b "ISPrototype Build Definition_20091209.9" -f "Release" -p "Any CPU" -x "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\NUnit\NUnitToMSTest.xslt"

My build server is win server 2003 Entrprise edition.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Prasad M.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:56 AM

Hi,
System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

NUnitTfs.exe -n "C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Local Settings\Temp\SIS_Test2\ISPrototype Build Definition\Binaries\Release\nunit_results.xml" -t "SIS_Test2" -b "ISPrototype Build Definition_20091209.9" -f "Release" -p "Any CPU" -x "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\NUnit\NUnitToMSTest.xslt"

My build server is windows server 2003 Enterprise edition machine.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Prasad M.

Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 1:45 AM
To: Prasad Marathe
Subject: Unable to run tests on build machine [nunit4teambuild:77704]

Hi,

NUnitTfs.exe -n "C:\Documents and Settings\devendra_phadnis\Local Settings\Temp\SIS_Test2\ISPrototype Build Definition\Binaries\Release\nunit_results.xml" -t "SIS_Test2" -b "ISPrototype Build Definition_20091209.9" -f "Release" -p "Any CPU" -x "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\NUnit\NUnitToMSTest.xslt"

My build server is win server 2003 Entrprise edition.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Prasad M.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nunit4teambuild@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nunit4teambuild@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

DISCLAIMER ========== This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Dec 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I presume you're getting this error because of the security on your TFS machine. It looks like you need to be authorised to access the TFS web services. Have you tried changing the WCF settings in the configuration file? There is a <basicHttpBinding> element in there that describes how WCF will talk to your TFS web service. You can probably change the <security> element in there to match the security on your TFS machine. Afraid without knowing how your machine is setup I can't tell you what needs changing, sorry!

Dec 16, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Thanks for your reply,

I did not get this error if i run the above command through the proj file. It only gives error if i run it through command line. so my problem is resolved.

However i have another  issue, The merged Test results i get along with the TFS notification email dos not contain the Hyperlink to browse the test results (We get the link to see in Visual studio if we open the trx file).

Please suggest as the team members are just able to see howmany test case passed or failed but cannot see the Names of the test cases.

It will be great if you can point me to any good xslt file that i can use to merge the Nunit test result with TFS and display test names as well.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Dec 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Afraid I don't know what these emails look like or are supposed to look like as I've never had our TFS set up to send them. I guess you probably won't get the results merged into any emails though. For example you don't get them merged into the build results page (I'm guessing the email is just a copy of this page) when you open it in Visual Studio either; you have to load the .trx file up in Visual Studio to find out what's gone wrong rather than have a nice way to browse through the test results. Nothing to do with this project I'm afraid - that's just how TFS works. As far as I know there is no way to customise that page with XSLT or any other way, and I would assume that's the same for the emails too.

I know the build page (and presumably the emails too) is being improved a lot for TFS 2010. It has a better summary that includes lots more information about what went wrong with the build. Hopefully this will include the info you want.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I have similar issue at Windows 2008r2. I fix it by disabling lookback protection. More details here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861/en-us